What is ” e-TypeWriting ” .
Computers have moved into every corner of our daily lives. Computers are at work in departmental stores, homes, offices, hospitals, banks, theaters and even coffee shops. They have become so fundamental to our modern society that without them, our economy would grind to halt. In the last few decades, computers have completely altered business practices all around the world. We are living in information age and with the concept of Virtual and Paperless Office prevalent in today’s office environment, all the office procedures i.e. mail handling, processing, storage and retrieval of data, etc. are handled by computer. Therefore, it has become imperative to use computers in the most efficient and effective manner. One of the ways to optimize the usage of computers is to learn and type on computer keyboard speedily and accurately. e-Typewriting followed with Touch Method familiarizes with the mechanism of accurate and speedy typewriting on a computer so that more work can be done with less energy and time.
e-TypeWriting – Meaning and Importance
The art and technique of typing on computer is known as e-Typewriting. As computers have become an integral part of our professional and personal lives, acquiring of computer skills has become as important as reading and writing skills. It has become increasingly essential for everyone to use computer keyboard efficiently so as to make optimum use of computers. Mastery of the keyboard particularly becomes much more important for professionals who spend a lot of time on working with computers. Operating the keyboard efficiently also gives a great boost to one’s confidence and selfesteem besides providing effectiveness to the jobs on hand. Though the manual typewriters have been replaced with computers yet the need to acquire high typing speed by the users cannot be under-emphasized.
- Computer is much more powerful than a manual typewriter. As compared to typewriting on a manual typewriter, e-Typewriting has the following advantages:
- e-typewriting reduces the fatigue of the computer operator and output is increased.
- Feather touch and not hard strike is required to operate the keys of computer keyboard.
- Since the carriage moves automatically to the next line, there is no need for the hands to leave the keyboard.
- There is uniformity of typed matter. So, quality of work is better.
- Editing of text is easy. There are cut, copy, paste, redo, undo etc. options
for the purpose.
- One can justify margins in e-Typewriting due to word wrap feature of computer which was not possible on a typewriter.
- Different type fonts and font sizes are available on computer.
- Spelling and grammatical errors can be easily detected and corrected.
- Automatic centralization of headings and underscoring features are available on computer.
- Special mathematical and other signs can be typed.
- No extra strain is required for making multiple copies.
- Typed matter can be saved and used for future reference.
- Coloured print of the matter can be taken.
- With the help of internet, typed material, graphics etc. can be e-mailed to other users.
- e-Typewriting has brought about revolution in the concept of Paperless and Virtual office.
e-Typewriting is the art of typing on computer scientifically. As compared to typewriting on a manual typewriter, e-typewriting has certain advantages viz. e-typewriting reduces the fatigue of the computer operator and output is increased, feather touch is required to operate the keys of computer keyboard, since the carriage moves with the depression of a key there is no need for the hands to leave the keyboard, there is uniformity of typed matter. So, quality of work is better, editing of text is easy, justified margins in e-typewriting due to word wrap feature of computer, different types of fonts and font sizes are available on computer, automatic centralization of headings and underscoring features are available on computer which are not available on manual typewriter, special mathematical and other signs can be typed, typed matter can be saved on secondary storage devices and used whenever desired, coloured print out of the matter can be taken and with the help of internet, typed material, graphics etc. can be e-mailed.