Sample Paper of Economics 2014 for class 11, CBSE. Paper No.3
Sample Paper – 2014
Class – XI
Subject – Economics
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum Marks: 100
(i) All questions in both the sections are compulsory,
(ii) Marks for questions are indicated against each.
(iii) Questions carrying 1 mark for each part are required to be answered in one sentence each.
(iv) Questions carrying 3 marks are required to be answered not exceed 60 words each.
(v) Questions carrying 4 marks are required to be answered not exceed 70 words each.
(vi) Questions carrying 6 marks each are required to be answered not exceed 100 words each.
(vii) Answers should be brief and to the point and the above word limits should be adhered to as far as possible.
(viii) All parts of a question should be answered at one place.
Section – A (Statistics 72 Marks)
- What is the formula for calculating combined mean? 1
- Out of sampling and non-sampling error, which error is more serious and why? 1
- Mention the types of statistical series on the basis of construction. 1
- What do you mean by stub and caption? 1
- Name a bar diagram where height of all the bars is the same. 1
- Which type of ogive rise upwards to the right? 1
- Calculate Mode and third quartile from the following series: 3
- Convert the following into ordinary frequency series: 3
5 students get less than 3 marks
12 students get less than 6 marks
25 students get less than 9 marks
30 students get less than 12 marks
- Draw a Histogram from the following: 4
Mid value 18 25 32 39 46 53 60
Frequency 10 15 32 42 26 12 9
- 30 families in an area spend the following monthly expenditure on food: 4
115 159 196 205 212 223 256 271 310 129 335
169 184 234 245 241 265 298 144 135 172 173
229 220 238 278 243 220 238 238
- a) Prepare a frequency distribution with the class interval of 100-150, 150-200 etc.
- b) Find the number of families whose monthly expenditure on food is – less than 250, more than 300 between Rs. 200 and 300.
- Calculate arithmetic mean by shortcut method. Take 30 as assumed mean : 4
Size 10 20 30 40 50 60
Frequency 7 8 12 15 5 3
- Represent the following data by means of a pie diagram – 4
Items Labour Material Electricity Transportation Overhead
Expense 10 25 5 15 35
- Calculate median from the following series: 5
|No. of students||8||30||40||12||10|
- a) Calculate the weighted mean of the following: (2×2.5)
|No. of students||6||9||4||10||5||2|
- b) The average weight of a group of 25 boys was calculated to be 52 Kg. It was later discovered that one weight was misread as 45 kg instead of 54 kg. Calculate the correct average weight.
- The mean age of a combined group of men and women is 30 years. If the mean age of the group of men is 32 and that of the group of women is 27, find out the percentage of men and women in the group. 5
- Following are the marks obtained by 100 students in economics. Calculate the average marks by using step deviation method. (Take 35 as assumed mean): 5
|No. of students||5||10||25||30||20||10|
- Calculate Upper quartile 7th Deciles and 79th Percentile from the following series: 6
|No. of students||4||6||3||8||12||7|
- Find the missing frequency in the following distribution if N = 100 M =30. 6
|No. of students||10||?||25||30||?||10|
- Following table gives the distribution of companies according to the size of capital. Using direct method, find arithmetic mean of the capital of a company: 6
|Marks||Less than 5||Less than 10||Less than 15||Less than 20||Less than 25||Less than 30|
|No. of students||20||27||29||38||48||53|
- Calculate mode from the following data by using grouping table method: 6
|No. of students||2||5||8||10||8||5||2|
Section – B (Indian Economy 30 Marks)
- What do you mean by NABARD? 1
- Define Head Count Ratio. 1
- What is meant by jobless growth? 1
- Give the formula of calculating Workers Population Ratio. 1
- Differentiate between human capital and physical capital. 3
- What do you mean by absolute poverty and relative poverty? 3
- What are the main problems of Human Capital Formation in India? 3
- Compare the economic performance indicators of India and Pakistan. 4
- Explain the various types of unemployment in India. 5
- Explain different causes of unemployment. 6
Paper Submitted By:
Name: rachna alok sharma
Phone No. : 9893259954