Sample Paper of Economics 2014 for class 11, CBSE. Paper No.2
DESIGN OF QUESTION PAPER
Class – XI
Marks – 100. Duration-3 hrs.
WEIGHTAGE BY TYPES OF QUESTIONS
|Type||Number of questions||Marks||Total||Estimated time a candidate isexpected to take to answer|
|Long answer questions||6||6||36||60 minutes|
|Short answer questions I||6||4||24||36 minutes|
|Short answer questions II||10||3||30||50 minutes|
|Very short answer questions||10||1||10||15 minutes|
WEIGHTAGE BY CONTENT
|1||Introduction & Developing Projects in Economics||10|
|2||Collection of data, Organization of data, Presentation of data||12|
|3||Statistical Tools and Interpretation||28|
|5||Development Policies and Experience (1947-90)||10|
|6||Economic Reforms since 1991||8|
|7||Current Challenges facing Indian Economy||25|
|8||Development experience of India-A comparison with neighbors||7|
DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF THE QUESTION PAPER
|Level||Marks||% age of the total marks|
SCHEME OF OPTIONS
There is no overall choice. However, there is an internal choice in one question of 6 marks, one question of 4 marks and one question of 3 marks in each section. Thus there will be internal choice to 3 questions.
|Sl.No.||Forms of Questions Content Unit||Very Short(1 Mark)||Short Answer I(3 Marks)||Short Answer II(4 Marks)||LongAnswer
Notes: Figures within brackets indicate the Marks for each question. And figures outside the brackets indicate the number of questions
ANNUAL EXAMINATION 20014
TIME: 3hr MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
- All questions in both the sections are compulsory.
- Question Nos. 1-5 and 17 – 21 are very short- answer questions carrying 1 mark each. They
Are required to be answered in one sentence each
- Question Nos. 6-10 and 22-26 are short-answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to
Them should not normally exceed 60 words each.
- Question Nos. 11-13 and 27-29 are also short- answer questions carrying 4 marks each.
Answer to them should not normally exceed 70 words each.
- Question Nos. 14-16 and 30-32 are long-answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer
To them should not normally exceed 100 words each..
- Answer should be brief and to the point and the above word limit be adhered to as far as
Statistics for Economics
- Find out the odd one and justify your answer?
Mark, weight, income, honesty
- What is primary data?
- What is a Lorenz curve?
- Name the two types of index number?
- Define statistical series.
- What are the qualities of a good questionnaire?
- ‘Statistics are numerical statements of facts but all facts numerically stated are not statistics’ comment.
- Draw a histogram from the following data.
|Mark in Math’s||0-10||10-20||20-30||30-40||40-50|
|No. of students||4||20||25||15||5|
- A student subject 70 mark in English,65 in Hindi,63 in maths,59 in economics and 55 in Statistics. Calculate weighted mean of the marks if weights are respectively 2, 1, 5, 5 and 3.
- Why is standard deviation considered to be the most popular measure of dispersion?
- Write note on ,
- Consumer price index
Discuss the kinds and degrees of correlation?
- Draw a pie diagram to represent the following data of investment pattern in the third five year plan.
Agriculture=35%, irrigation=20%, small scale industries=25%, transport=10%, others=10%
- Calculate standard deviation for the following data.
|No. of workers||3||12||15||6||4|
- Calculate Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation from the following data:
|Age of husband||20||21||22||23||24||25||26|
|Age of wife||17||18||19||20||21||22||23|
Find the rank correlation coefficient for the following data.
|Mark in statistics||48||60||72||62||56||40||39||52|
|Mark in statistics||62||78||65||70||38||54||60||32|
- Calculate mean, median and mode from the following data set.
|Mark in Hindi||0-10||10-20||20-30||30-40||40-50||50-60||60-70||70-80|
|No. of students||5||15||18||12||20||15||7||3|
- You are planning a study about the literacy rate of shop keepers in your locality. Construct a questionnaire to interview them.
Indian Economic Development
- What is ‘poverty line’?
- What do you mean by sustainable development?
- Define globalization?
- Who is the chairman of seventh planning commission?
- According to’ Times of India’ report on December 2009,
- Indian economic growth was……………
- Food inflation I India……………..
- What are the consequences of global warming?
- What are the important sources of human capital formation?
- Which are the important sources of power generation?
What are the different categories of poor?
- Which sector of the economy was adversely impacted by reforms? Why?
- What do you mean by outsourcing?
- What is the role of NABARD in rural development?
- Discuss the main features of economic policies (1950-90)
Examine the main features of the land reforms implemented in India?
- Do you think India can emerge as a knowledge economy? If yes, why?
- “Earth provides everything for every man’s needs but not for every man’s greed” interpret this famous statement of Gandhi.
- “British rule had both harmful as well as beneficial effects on the Indian economy” Discuss the statement by giving suitable examples.
- Compare the demographic features of India, china and Pakistan.
What are the causes of unemployment in India? How do you explain seasonal unemployment in agriculture?
Mohammed Aslam p