Sample Paper of Chemistry 2014 for class 11, CBSE. Paper No.1
Sample Paper – 2014
Class – XI
Subject – Chemistry
Time : 1:30 hr MM : 60
- Answer the following Questions: ( 1mark each)
- Calculate the molecular mass of methane (CH⁴) and glucose (C⁶H¹²O⁶) molecule.
- Calculate the molarity of a solution of ethanol in water in which the mole fraction of ethanol is 0.040(assume the density of water to be one).
- The mass of an electron is 9.1X10ˉ³¹Kg.If its kinetic energy is 3.0X10ˉ²⁶Calculate its wavelength.
- Write the general electronic configuration of d-block and f-block elements.
- Write the atomic number of element present in the third period and seventeenth group of periodic table.
- Considering the elements F,Cl,O,N, the correct order of their chemical reactivity in terms of oxidizing property is: F>Cl>O>N F>O>Cl>N Cl>F>ON O>F>N>Cl
- Which out of NH³ and NF³ has higher dipole moment and why?
- What are intermolecular forces?
- Write lewis structure of C²H² and N².
- What are isoelectronic species? Give example.
- Answer the following questions: ( 2 marks each)
- What is the total number of sigma and pi bonds in these molecules: C²H² and C²H⁴
- Explain with the help of example polar covalent bond.
- Would you expect the first ionization enthalpies for two isotopes of the same element to be same or different?Justify your answer.
- If ten volumes of dihydrogen gas reacts with five volumes of dioxygen gas, how many volumes of water vapour would be produced.
- A photon of wavelength 4X10ˉ7 strikes on metal surface , the work function of the metal being 2.13 eV. Calculate i)the energy of the photon (eV), ii) the kinetic energy of the emission, iii)the velocity of the photoelectron (1eV = 1.6020X10ˉ19J).
- Answer the following questions: ( any five – 3 marks each)
- When electromagnetic radiation of wavelength 300 nm falls on the surface of sodium,electrons are emitted with a kinetic energy of 1.68X10 5 J molˉ¹.What is the minimum energy needed to remove maximum wavelength that will cause a photoelectron to be emitted?
- What is basic difference between the terms electron gain enthalpy,electronegativity and Ionization enthalpy?Give example of each.
- a)How many sub-shells are associated with n=4? b)How many electrons will be present in the sub-shells having ms value of -½ for n=4.
- How would you explain the fact that the first ionization enthalpy of sodium is lower than that of magnesium but its second ionization enthalpy is higher than that of magnesium.
- A vessel of 120 ml capacity contains amount of a gas at 35ºC and 1.2 bar pressure. The gas is transferred to another vessel of volume 180ml at 35ºC. What would be its pressure?
- Describe the bonding in O² molecule and show the increasing order of energies of various molecular orbitals for O².
- Answer the following questions: ( any five – 5 marks each)
- Define Hybridisation with its types giving examples of each.
- i)State ideal gas equation. ii) At 25ºC and 760mm oh Hg pressure a gas occupies 600 ml volume.What will be its pressure at a height where temperature is 10ºC and volume of gas is 640ml.
- Describe the electronic configuration and show the filling of orbitals of the following elements: Cr , Ni, Cu, Si, Se.
- i)Calcium carbonate reacts with aqueous HCl to give CaCl² and CO² according to the reaction, CaCO³(S)+2 HCl (aq) —-à CaCl²b (aq) + CO² (g) + H²O(l) . What mass of CaCO³ is required to react completely wit 25ml of 0.75M HCl? ii)What will be the pressure of the gaseous mixture when 0.5 l of H² at 0.8 bar and 2 l of dioxygen at 0.7 bar are introduced in a 1l vessel at 27ºC?
- i)Write the Lewis structure of C²H⁴ , N² , HNOᵌ , (CO³ )²ˉ , CH³COOH. ii)Define resonance with the help of example.
Paper Submitted By: