PGI Chandigarh recruitment 2016 of 76 posts of Sanitary Attendant
POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH,
Phone No.0172-2755578, Fax No.2744401, Website: www.pgimer.edu.in
Advertisement No.: PGI/RC/039/2016 Dated: 16.04.2016
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh invite online applications for 72 posts of Sanitary Attendant
Post Name: Sanitary Attendant-Grade-III
Post Code: SAG-III/095
No of Posts: 76
Closing Date: for Submission Of Online Applications is up to 12th MAY 2016 TILL 11.59 P.M. after which the link will be disabled.
Date for Determining Eligibility of all Candidates in respect of essential Qualification(s)and Experience,if any etc.,shall be the prescribed Closing date for Submission of online application i.e. _12th MAY 2016.
PAY SCALE – Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1800/-
AGE LIMIT –18-30 years.
Age relaxation (upper limit) will be given to following categories:
(i) SC/ST – Maximum five years.
(ii) OBC – Maximum three years.
(iii) Any other category – As per Govt. of India Rules/PGI Rules.
The application form will be available on PGI website from _18.04.2016 to 12.05.2016 (11.59 PM) and the last date of receipt of online application / updation of the Challan Receipt is 14.05.2016.
NOTE-I : The above vacancies are provisional and subject to variation. The Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh reserves the right to vary the vacancies including reserved vacancies at any stage. PGIMER also reserve the right to withdraw any post at any stage.
Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the posts mentioned above. Candidates are required to apply online through the Institute website www.pgimer.edu.in. For applying online, the candidates should have a valid e-mail ID which should be kept alive during the recruitment process as the Call Letter, Admit Card and other information will be given to the candidates online only.
i) ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION(S)/ EXPERIENCE:
i. Matriculation or its equivalent.
ii. Should be able to read and write in Hindi or English.
iii. Knowledge of sweeping, dusting and cleaning. Desirable: One year’s experience in sweeping, dusting and cleaning in a Civil or Military hospital or in a good Hostel or government department.
C. SELECTION PROCEDURE:-
After the closing of last date of applications, the eligibility of the candidates for written examination will be based on:
i) whether the candidate has deposited the requisite application fee in the bank or not?
ii) whether after depositing of fee in the bank it has been entered and updated in the application form or not?
iii) after reconciliation with the bank statement.
NOTE: If all the above three conditions are affirmative then the candidate is provisionally eligible. If the candidate doesn’t fulfill any of the three conditions, he/she is not eligible.
The eligibility of the candidates regarding educational qualification, age etc. will not be checked at this stage because no certificates/documents are called from the candidates alongwith application forms. These candidates are required to sit in the written examination, which will be held in Chandigarh only. The Date of Examination, Centre of Examination, Roll Number and Instructions for candidates etc. will be intimated to the candidates in Admit Cards which will be available on the website of the PGI
The written examination in English language would be of 105 minutes(five minutes for biometric capturing) duration and will consist of 100 questions (each question shall be of one mark). During these hours, the candidates will be required to undergo biometrics test so as to check any impersonation in the examination. There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks per question for a wrong response.
On the basis of written examination, candidates, three times of the vacancies advertised will be short-listed. The candidates will be required to apply afresh on a given format alongwith all the certificates/documents/testimonials etc. Based on these documents supplied by the candidates, the scrutiny of the applications will be done, which would be based on the recruitment rules advertised for educational qualification, age relaxation and other notified criteria. The candidates who are found eligible on this basis, their merit list will be prepared alongwith a waiting list thereof from the shortlisted candidates based on marks obtained by the candidate in written examination. The minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for General and 35% for SC/ST and OBC category. As the Govt. of India has dispensed with the holding of interview for Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts (non-gazetted), there will be no interview for these posts and the candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the written examination only.
Syllabus for written examination:-
the written examination will be of such nature as the candidate
has studied during his/her matriculation level.
HOW TO APPLY:-
1. The candidates applying for the post should first confirm their eligibility before going to the website of the Institute i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in.
2. All eligible candidates should apply online before the last date for registration of application form on the website.
3. Before filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 500 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph as it has to be uploaded at the time of filling of online form.
4. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID which should be kept active during the recruitment process. The candidates should ensure that the email ID is not shared or disclosed to any body. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying online.
5. The candidate should fill his/her application form available on the PGIMER website. He/She should fill all the fields of the form. No field should be left blank. After filling application form, the candidate should take out a print of challan form (triplicate) and deposit the application fee after 24 hours in any State Bank of India branch as detailed in column 6.
6. Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the feePayment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The account No. of PGIMER for recruitment is 35700657347. The candidates after having deposited the fee in the bank must ensure that they have Triplicate Fee Payment Challan with Journal No./Challan No. given by the bank on it.
They should mention this Journal/Challan number on the space provided in the application form and keep this challan form with them for future use.
The amount of fee to be paid is as under:-
Category Total Amount Payable
SC/ST Rs 500/-
For all others Rs 1000/-
7. Candidates should ensure that the details to be filled in by the State Bank of India officials are filled in complete in all three copies of the challan form along with the seal, challan no. and signature of the Bank Official of the Branch.
8. Candidates must ensure that the application number should match with challan number, failing which the application will be rejected and the PGIMER will not be responsible for any remittance of fee.
9. The candidate should upload the challan fee on PGI website within the stipulated time.
10. For the candidates applying through Online Mode if the last date for deposit of application fee in the Bank is a declared holiday, the same will be received on the next working day.
11. Candidates with valid application shall be issued call letters & admit card. These can be downloaded by the candidates directly from the PGI website www.pgimer.edu.in by entering their Registration Number/application Number, Date of Birth. Call letters will not be sent by post. This facility would be available on PGI website 15 days before the actual date of examination.
12. Further, instructions regarding Written Test etc. will be given to the candidates along with the admit card/call letter as information Hand out on PGI website.
(i) Date of written Examination etc. will be uploaded on website as per the approved guidelines followed in the Institute.
(ii) The written examination, if any, for all the posts will be conducted in English language only.
(iii) Date for Downloading of call letters will also be uploaded on website.
(iv) Helpline Desk: 0172-2755587 from 0900-1700 hours on all working days.
Abbreviations:- UR= Un-reserved, SC = Scheduled Caste, ST = Scheduled
Tribe, OBC= Other Backward Classes.