Career in Merchant Navy, How to join Merchant Navy after 10 and 12.
Do You Know What is Merchant Navy?
Merchant Navy can be described as commercial fleet of non-combatant ships which deals with transportation of passengers, cargo and lots of other things by sea that may not possible to dispatch either by road, rail and air, between all the countries. Merchant Navy fleet may include Passenger ships, Tanker ships, cargo ships, bulk carriers, refrigerator ships, container ships, barge carrying ships including roll on/roll off ships.
How to join Merchant Navy after 10th or 12th ?
Merchant Navy is a great career option after 10th or 12th, it is perfect for those who love travelling, adventure, interested in seeing new places and meeting new people. In this profession you will travel around the world and that too free of cost. Merchant Navy can be described as commercial fleet of non-combatant ships which deals with transportation of passengers, cargo and lots of other things by sea that may not possible to dispatch either by road, rail and air, between all the countries. Merchant Navy fleet may include Passenger ships, Tanker ships, cargo ships, bulk carriers, refrigerator ships, container ships, barge carrying ships including roll on/roll off ships. With growing economic and fastest developing country India have a largest merchant shipping fleets and have a variety of jobs in Indian as well as foreign vessels.
BENEFITS OF MERCHANT NAVY
- Tax Free Job with Handsome salary (you can say salary in lacks in early age of 21-22)
- 3 months holiday to enjoy.
- Roam across world for free
- Early fixed promotions)
- COC of India which officer is getting holds a very high value in world, India COC is considered 2nd after UK in world.
- Captains earn lacks of rupees in Black by many means.
- Merchant navy is a very promising career after 10th & 12th.
- Along with the studies you have the advantage of travelling across the globe.
- A smart and a fit career.
- Best Carriers option for average students
- Accommodations & fooding provided by company
- International Platform
- Get chance to interact with peoples of abroad
- Huge advantages from shipping department.
Eligibility for Merchant Navy:–Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.
Age Limit: 17-25 Years
Candidates should be physically and mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms
6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness. (The candidate is subject to medical examination).
Courses to Join Merchant Navy ; There are various courses to join after 10th or 12th in both private and govt training institute recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping. These are;-
- Pre Sea Training– In this course you will get proper training of maintenance of engine as well as deck. It is also known as G.P.R (General Purpose Training) you can join this course after 10th with minimum aggregate percentage of 40% with Mathematics, science and English as compulsory subject and should have 40% marks in each of them. The time duration of this course is 06 months and age limit is joining this course is 17 to 25 years.
Last date of admission
15th May 2015
Types of Ships:-
|We have now seen different type of material carried through water way and for which deferent types of Ships they require accommodating the type of materials as well as passengers and therefore there are many types of Ships you will find and they are as follow:|